Quan Tong Anh
Software Engineer, CIC Data
Oct 2019 - Sep 2021
- Design and build high performance and reliable software with clean code.
- Write scalable RESTful and gRPC-based APIs in Golang for our clients and partners.
- Redesign algorithm of the most important module to improve the performance by 20-30%.
- Refactor code to make it easier to read, simpler to understand, and faster to update.
- Automate integration testing with Drone CI / GitHub Actions and Docker Compose.
- Run unit tests in parallel to improve the execution time by 30%.
- Speed up the CI build time by 70-80% with incremental builds.
Golang Developer (remote), AOPrivacy (Malaysia)
Jul 2017 - Sep 2019
- Built a dedicated social network solution for the electronic music industry based on microservices architecture using gRPC and Protocol Buffers.
- Developed tools to configure infrastructure, cleanup old backup snapshots, collect metrics, etc.
- Created some Drone CI plugins to integrate with an issue tracker.
DevOps (remote), AOPrivacy
Apr 2015 - Jul 2017
- Developed an innovative VPN combines cutting-edge technology with beautiful apps for all of your devices.
- Setup CI to build installer files (including metadata and automatic updates feature) for it on multiple platforms: macOS, Windows, Linux.
- Migrated legacy applications into Docker and Kubernetes.
DevOps (remote), Bit Flippers Ltd (Hong Kong)
Nov 2013 - Apr 2015
- Built a completed DevOps automation product called Robotinfra.
- Contributed to SaltStack’s repository by fixing bugs and adding new features (16 pull requests, 1000 LoC)
System Administrator Leader, VCCorp (Vietnam)
May 2010 - Oct 2013
- Responsible for administration and availability of 80 servers
- Setup high availability for important services: MySQL, OpenLDAP, Redis, NFS, Postfix, etc.
- Developed Python scripts using Fabric for simplifying system administration tasks; created custom plugins for monitoring system with Nagios, Check_MK and PNP4Nagios.
- Installed, configured, and tuned LAMP (online advertising), GlusterFS (online HD movies based on P2P technology).
- Debugged and fixed MySQL deadlock problem.
- Built a centralized authentication system using OpenLDAP
IT Professional, Thanh Cong Securities (Vietnam)
Oct 2008 - May 2010
- Setup technical facilities for Hanoi Branch to connect with the headquarter in Ho Chi Minh city, included making a wifi authentication system with FreeRADIUS and Active Directory.
- Coordinated with a Thailand team to deploy the core securities solutions (written by Freewill) on AIX 5.3 and RHEL 5.3; prepared infrastructure to link with banks for online trading.
- Built a centralized logging system with syslog-ng and Splunk; a network monitoring system with MRTG, RRDTool and Routers2.cgi.
- Created shell scripts to automate backup procedures, perform repetitive tasks, etc.
System Administrator, NextG Solutions (Vietnam)
Jan 2008 - Oct 2008
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of 2 RHEL servers.
- Setup and maintained Subversion, Trac, Zope and Plone.
- Installed SugarCRM, Pentaho Business Intelligence server and created document for the customers.
.NET Developer, FPT Software (Vietnam)
May 2006 - Oct 2007
- Migrated 1500 applications from IBM Lotus Notes to Microsoft SharePoint.
National University of Civil Engineering
Bachelor of Information Technology in Civil Engineering
Sep 2001 - Mar 2006
Personal website: https://quantonganh.com
- Utilized html/template and markdown to build a static site generator.
- Full text search with Bleve
- Created email subscription form
- Automated testing and delivery by using Drone CI.
- Implemented continuous deployment with docker compose on Raspberry Pi 4.