Learning Rust by building Tetris: my favorite childhood game
After completing the Rust book and working through rustlings, I found myself standing at the crossroads, wondering where to go next. It was then that I had an idea - a project that would allow me to apply my newfound knowledge and create something meaningful. My favorite childhood game, Tetris, became the inspiration for my next coding adventure.
Throughout this project, I gained invaluable insights, including:
- Crafting a cross platform CLI application with crossterm
- Establishing communication between two machines through TcpStream
- Achieving thread synchronization using Barrier
- Effectively passing data between threads utilizing mpsc::channel
PS: I am currently seeking a new remote software engineering opportunity with a focus on backend development. My flexibility extends accommodating time zones within a range of +/- 3 hours from ICT (Indochina Time). If you have any information regarding companies or positions that are actively hiring for such roles, I would greately approciate it if you can kindly leave a comment or get in touch. Your assistance is sincerely valued. Thank you.
Tags: rust tetris
- SICP Exercise 2.77: expected a procedure that can be applied to arguments, given #f
- A terminal UI for Taskwarrior
- A simple terminal UI for ChatGPT
- gocloud - writing data to a bucket: 403
- Terraform failed to acquire state lock: 403: Access denied., forbidden