nnn: wcswidth returns different values for same Unicode code point between macOS and Linux
Categories: Development Environment
When attempting to integrate
nnn with Helix, I encountered an interesting issue that resulted in duplicate first characters in the filename:
What’s interesting is that this issue doesn’t occur on Linux:
I’ve spent several days troubleshooting this problem but haven’t been able to identify the root cause. The only solution I could come up with is a workaround, and I must admit, I’m still not entirely satisfied with it.
If you also use
nnn and know of a better way to fix this issue without requiring a refresh, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Thank you!
Tags: nnn wcswidth macOS
- File tree workaround for Helix
- How I setup a new Macbook in 2023
- Load averages approximately 1000 on macOS?
- Turning Helix into an IDE with the help of WezTerm and CLI tools
- Debug Rust in Helix using lldb-vscode: display the contents of local string variables